Internal Rules of Ethics
The Internal Rules of Ethics recorded below are intended for the use of dealers
participating in all Bustamante Enterprises, Inc. antique shows and sales and
as such, they are a part of the basic contract and or agreement between Bustamante
Enterprises, Inc. and the show dealer or exhibitor. A breach of these rules
constitutes a breach of contract.
- Dealers are not to interfere with other dealers by entering their booths and speaking
to anyone in or around the booth, whether or not the dealer is transacting business.
- There will be no price tag alteration or switching on any item on display. If a dealer
decides to increase the price of an item, that item will be withdrawn from display
for the duration of the show. Dealers will change price tags on merchandise
when it has been reduced in price.
- There will be no "Sale" or "Special Price" prices advertised.
- Dealers are not to enter an unattended booth. Unattended means the dealer
is not present in the booth even though there are no "Do Not Enter"
- Voluntary discounting to the general public is to be discouraged. This does
not mean a dealer cannot discount an item if so requested by the customer.
- Bad checks by dealers to dealers or to customers will not be tolerated and
will lead to elimination from all shows produced by Bustamante Enterprises,
- Dealers will be appropriately attired and their appearance must reflect favorably
on the show.
- Only participating contracted dealers may pre-shop the show. Dealers are
responsible for their assistants and will assure that they are only present
to help the dealer and will not pick the show. All helpers must wear a Bustamante
Enterprises, Inc. show badge.
- Non-participating dealers will not wear their badge into the show on set-up
days or during the show. Help will be provided with a special badge to indicate
their status and they will not be able to make any purchases during set up.
- Dealer to dealer sales should be paid for at the time of transaction unless
it is mutually agreed between the dealers that payment be made at a later time.
Under no circumstances may an item be returned at the end of the show and not
be paid for.
External Rules of Ethics
- Dealers will issue a written receipt to customers for all purchases, with
the following printed information; dealer's name, address and phone number.
- All items for sale will be clearly priced in dollars and cents. Price list
for multiple set items sold singly will suffice.
- Dealers will not appraise or offer an opinion on merchandise in or from another
dealers booth, unless so requested by the seller.
- Refunds will be made in accordance with the laws of the state where items
- It is the responsibility of the dealer to advise in writing on the receipt,
when an item has been restored, repaired or in any way altered.
- Each item will be clearly identified on the price tag and on the receipt
as to approximate date of origin.
- For security reasons, photographs of booths or merchandise are not permitted
without the dealers and Show Producers permission.
- Any dispute by a customer or between Exhibitors arising from a transaction
at a Bustamante Enterprises, Inc. show, or event not satisfactorily resolved
shall immediately be brought to the attention of the Show Producer.